Charleston Waterkeeper is committed to protecting and restoring the public’s right to clean, healthy waterways. The Advisory Council supports Charleston Waterkeeper and its mission by brining together a group of established professionals to advise our board and staff on specialized organizational matters and general program and advocacy goals.
The council leverages each member’s unique experience, expertise, and resources to help guide Charleston Waterkeeper’s development, boots-on-the-water programs, and advocacy work. Members are called upon individually or in groups to provide strategic advice and gather as a group both formally and informally as necessary.
2015 – 2016 Advisory Council members:
- Dana Beach, Coastal Conservation League
- Jerry Callahan, ISI Technology, LLC
- John Cameron, Charleston Branch Pilots
- Alys Campaigne, Engage Strategies
- Dave DiBenedetto, Garden and Gun
- Robbie Freeman, Charleston City Marina
- Wes Fuller, Greystar
- Alan Lang, Scout Boats
- John Rivers, Rivers Enterprises, Inc.
- Keith Sauls, AppleGold Partners
- Dick Simons
- Brys Stevens, Author, Restauranteur, Consultant
- Tony Wood, Ittleson Foundation
- Stephen Zoukis, Raven Cliff Company, LLC